Who We Are
Mighty is a start-up that specialises in automating accounting for freelancers and contractors that operate through limited companies.
Our mission is to make accounting easy, fast and affordable for millions of small business owners.
We are seeking to hire a Senior Accountant who will be our Head of Accounting.
You will play a crucial role in the development of Mighty, working directly to test the platform, service clients and build our operational processes team.
You’ll collaborate daily with a Mighty's CTO and CEO to test the software and service clients. This includes:
- Verifying Mighty’s calculations and checking client submissions.
- Advising on product requirements & improvements
- Creating efficient processes to smoothly service clients
- Working with the CTO to create 'tax calculators' to calculate tax liabilities and savings
- Helping onboard users and input opening balances from previous accountant
- Helping answer client’s questions - over email, phone and video call.
- Reviewing client’s financial statements before submission to and ensure accuracy
- Working with marketing to check content (scripts & blogs) before publishing
Must have requirements:
- 5 years+ of in-practice experience managing a portfolio of SMB clients
- Experience hiring and managing other accountants and finance assistants
- Experience working with cloud based software
- A strong excitement about technology and automation
- Up-to date knowledge of tax regulations, compliance and tax saving tips
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills (Native or Bi-lingual english)
Pay, Hours & Location:
- Pay: Full Time £45,000 to £60,000 pa
- Flexible days & hours: We can accommodate taking someone on full time, or starting with 2 days a week with potential for perm.
- Location: We are based across London & Bury St Edmunds. Ideally you will be able to work in-person at one of these locations. Hybrid working is fine.
- Start date: Flexible from January onwards
How to apply:
Please get in touch if you think you're a great fit for the role by sending your CV to james at email@example.com.
Please do not apply if you have not got substantial practice experience.